Proposal on technologies that help improve the productivity and the performance of factory workers and manufactured goods
We are making proposals to a customer in heavy industries on IoT, AI, and other types of advanced technologies that may contribute to “Productivity improvement by smart factory implementation (innovation and value improvement of manufacturing divisions/sections)” that will remain its focus in FY2019 and later, aiming to gain a share of budgets for investment in digital implementation of the customer, and promote active investments and new business creation through our initiatives. In the area of innovation and value improvement of manufacturing divisions/sections, we observe two specific issues/needs described below particularly in the aviation engineering, defense technology, and space exploitation sectors, and we are researching various sorts of technologies including image recognition AI technology.
- 1. Scheme to monitor and analyze the motions and locations of workers so that productivity/performance improvement cycles are precisely applied by production line companies.
- 2. Scheme to automate visual inspection on manufacturing lines (in quality check processes) by using e.g., high-precision image recognition and AI-based analysis, intending quality improvement (yield improvement) and automation of production (with fewer workers and higher production efficiently).
- Related keywords
- Labor-Saving in Factory
- Unattended Operation
- Line Company
- Image Recognition
- Automated Inspection
- High-Definition Camera
- Social challenges to be addressed through collaboration
Decent work and economic growthTarget9：
Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
Through this business, we are intending to 1) make proposals for the promotion of productive performance to customers in order to 2) advance technological innovation of factory infrastructure for automation of production.
- Market size of collaboration business or business scale
- Unknown. We assume that applicable fields and businesses will expand as image recognition gets more precise and AI-based analysis technology gets more advanced.
- Assets and opportunities to be offerred
Participation in the IoT platform plan for smart factory implementation in the No. 1 heavy industry in Japan, introduction of it, and expansive application of it (as an de-facto industry standard)