Collaboration on a new personal
authentication service at financial
Financial institutions have begun to provide new personal authentication services using technologies such as biometric authentication (face, iris, fingerprint, etc.) in addition to existing authentication services. The conventional security-oriented approach often increased load on user operation.
NTT DATA wants to improve user-friendliness while retaining a high level of security by providing a new personal authentication service at financial institutions on the basis of the unique authentication technologies of startups. NTT DATA thinks that the new service will lower the access barriers for the financial institutions and will help them establish close relationships with their users. In addition, the practice of using a seal for personal authentication should also be abolished completely to streamline clerical work in banking. The new authentication service to be studied should cover corporate customers as well as retail customers.
NTT DATA solicits proposals from companies developing such personal authentication technologies in which a new dimension can be added to existing authentication technologies, or from companies providing or studying new systems related to personal authentication.
- Personal authentication
- Personal identification
- next-generation authentication
- biometric authentication
- lifestyle authentication
- device authentication
- Social challenges to be addressed through collaboration
- A safe and secure financial service that anyone can use easily at any time will be provided to minimize social anxiety about security, and to allow people to enjoy the greatest benefits of financial services in society.
- Market size of collaboration business or business scale
- This project will encourage a shift from an existing authentication service to a new authentication service with the aim of creating a five-billion-yen business.
- ・ Front/back system cooperating with the personal authentication system
- ・ Demonstration experiment environment for commercial banks and regional banks of NTT DATA's customers