Proposal on a banking service utilizing the Digital Banking
We are considering offering three services using the Digital Banking Platform (DBP), (1) lightweight banking platform, (2) open API platform and (3) Fintech ecosystem. We are seeking innovation business partners to realize the above services.
With regard to (1), we plan to create new services and stimulate needs for corporations which have an interest in a second brand and/or banking functions and provide necessary banking functions in the public cloud with a new mission-critical service infrastructure.
With regard to (2), we plan to connect with the core banking service (1) and interface with the ecosystem (3) to realize the ambient society.
- Related keywords
- ・Open Banking Platform and core applications that operate in the cloud
- information bank
- ・Services offered on the Digital Banking Platform (DBP)
- business matching
- Social challenges to be addressed through collaboration
- In Japan where population decline and aging of society are progressing, efforts towards a major paradigm shift to the "100-year life" are required.
Specifically, our future tasks will be to respond to each individual who actually lives in the society, organically collaborate with the community and organization to which the person belongs, address issues through cooperation across generations, solve problems and develop the process to a sustainable and evolving business. We believe that an open platform is necessary to achieve that.
We are considering offering the Digital Banking Platform (DBP). Our target clients include financial institutions which are increasingly obliged to open their APIs to comply with requirements of laws such the EU PSD2 and the amended Japan's Banking Act. For them, we plan to offer the DBP to build a sustainable business model in the regional economy. For other possible clients, retailers and manufacturers who are exposed to the threat of Big Tech, we plan to offer the DBP to help them develop a new business model, banking service.
- Market size of collaboration business or business scale
- By 2025, we aim to create a 10 billion yen/year market, including the provision of solutions to leading domestic companies, overseas companies and non-financial institutions. We will also promote creation of new businesses by utilizing the information accumulated on the Digital Banking Platform (DBP).
- Assets and opportunities to be offerred
- In Japan and the global market, we have transactions with many customers including megabanks, regional financial institutions and credit card companies.
In Japan's financial industry, we are providing a lot of major settlement/authentication networks which speedily processes ever-increasing transaction volume, and we are one of the biggest service providers in Japan both in the number of users and transaction volume.