- Who can apply
- Entrants must be corporations that are familiar with the efforts of the NTT DATA Group and able to propose ideas for creating businesses that will generate new relationships. Anti-social forces and their associates are prohibited from entering the contest.
- Proposed ideas
- Ideas proposed must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of third parties. If a proposal does infringe any right of a third party (even if this occurs after entering the content), the NTT DATA Group may withdraw the award at its discretion, including after the announcement of the award.
- Intellectual property rights
of proposed ideas
- The copyright and other intellectual property rights to each idea proposed shall remain with the entrant. The entrant shall grant non-exclusive licenses to NTT DATA and the theme owner and shall agree that NTT DATA and the theme owner can use the applied proposal and implement the proposed idea.
- Business creation
- When a prizewinning proposal is developed to become a business, NTT DATA and the theme owner will have the option of signing an agreement with the prizewinner on how to handle the copyright and other intellectual property rights arising out of discussions around developing the proposed idea into a business and the division of roles among NTT DATA, the theme owner, and the prizewinner. If the prizewinner declines to develop the proposed idea into a business, NTT DATA and the theme owner shall have the right to develop it into a business.
- Handling of the proposed idea
- NTT DATA may disclose the proposed idea in magazines, books, and email newsletters, and on websites and other media for public relations purposes. In doing so, the proposal may be abridged, altered, translated, or partially modified. After the prizes are announced, NTT DATA and the theme owner will destroy materials relating to proposals rejected before the final screening.
- Applicable law
- The validity, interpretation, and legal force of these efforts and terms and conditions of entry shall be determined in accordance with the laws of Japan (without regard to principles of conflict of laws).
Any dispute which may arise in connection with the above efforts and these terms and conditions shall be settled by arbitration in Tokyo, Japan in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules in force at the time of application to the Japan Commercial Arbitration Association. Arbitration awards pronounced by the arbitrator are final and binding upon the parties. A decision on the execution of arbitral awards can be obtained from any court having jurisdiction.
The arbitration shall be conducted by three arbitrators and the language of the arbitration shall be English.
NTT DATA will collect and use your personal data, including your name, photograph, company name, position, career profile, address and e-mail address for NTT DATA presents Global Open Innovation Business Contest 5.0（“the Business Contest”） as well as to comply with the Japanese Act on the Protection of Personal Information (the “APPI”) and NTT DATA’s Privacy Statement.
The NTT DATA Privacy Statement is available at https://www.nttdata.com/global/en/privacy/
Provision of your personal data is voluntary, but if you don’t provide it, or if you subsequently withdraw your consent to NTT Data continuing to use your data, you may not be able to apply for or participate in the Business Contest. NTT Data relies on your consent as the basis for its continued processing of your personal data.
Personal data stored and processed by NTT DATA for the Business Contest will only be used for the purpose of: contacting you, responding to your questions, notifying you of selection results and publishing selection results for the Business Contest. It will be deleted no later than 3 years after completion of the selection process unless NTT Data needs to keep it for longer for legal or regulatory reasons in a particular case.
NTT DATA may publish or disclose your personal data to its affiliates and partners who assist NTT DATA in providing the Business Contest (“Affiliates and Partners”). Your personal data will not be published or shared with third parties other than Affiliates and Partners, except for the publication of limited personal data in selection results, without your prior consent, except where NTT DATA is legally required to do so.
The Business Contest will be held in many countries and is managed by NTT DATA from Japan. By providing your personal data, you are sending it to NTT DATA in Japan. Your personal data may then be transferred outside Japan to Affiliates and Partners. Japanese data protection law may not be as strict as the data protection laws of your country, and the other countries to which your data may be transferred may not have data protection laws as strict as those of Japan and/or your country. Even so, in accordance with the APPI and the NTT Data's Privacy Statement, NTT Data shall confirm that its Affiliates and Partners have established the internal systems necessary to keep the measures to protect personal data that they have in place at a level equivalent to the safeguards provided for in the APPI, and shall properly supervise Affiliates and Partners by way of an outsourcing agreement or other appropriate means.
If you wish to make a complaint about NTT DATA’s handling of your personal data or possible breach of privacy laws, to see a copy of, or correct, the personal data that NTT Data holds about you or to withdraw your consent to NTT Data's continued processing of your personal data, please contact NTT DATA at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also provide you with details of competent data protection authorities.
- A proposal may extend over two or more challenges. Applicants can select up to three challenges in the application form.
- Submissions will be accepted in Japanese or English.
- Questions about challenges will not be answered.
- Submissions can be replaced up to the deadline. The final version will be treated as the definitive submission.
- Please read the FAQ.(updated on Dec 14th)